In addition to my marketing and communications work, I have nearly 10 years of experience as an adjunct professor and course developer at several colleges and universities.
My courses have included in-person, blended and online formats for both traditional and returning students.
I am experienced in Blackboard, eCollege, WebCT and Moodle learning management systems.
My teaching and course development experience includes:
- Development and teaching of Introduction to Sociology and Sociology of Gender courses for Southern New Hampshire University Online
- Development and teaching of Social Psychology course for Trine University Online
- Serving a Online Mentor/Instructor for Marriage & the Family and Drugs & Society at Thomas Edison State College
- Teaching Introduction to Sociology; Ethnic Groups in the US; and Special Topics: Race, Class & Gender at Yeshiva University’s Stern College for Women
- Teaching Women & International Development at Hofstra University
- Teaching at the community college level including Introduction to Sociology and Critical Thinking classes at SUNY: Westchester Community College, CUNY: New York City College of Technology and CUNY: LaGuardia Community College
I have also presented at academic and social service conferences including the Stony Brook Spring Teaching Colloquium, Missouri Dept. of Elementary and Secondary Education Show-Me Conference and Midwest Sociological Society Conference.
For a copy of my CV and a more extensive overview of my teaching experience, please feel free to email me.