For nearly 30 years, TCC Group has provided consuting services to nonprofits, corporate citizenship programs and philanthropies. However, recognizing that in-depth and in-person consulting is not always an option for all nonprofits, the firm decided to expand its practices by launching its first online consulting product.
In May 2007, the Core Capacity Assessment Tool (CCAT, pronounced "C-cat") was officially launched to the public. The CCAT allows an organization to analyze its four core capacities and organizational culture. The CCAT provides users with a report on their capacities and detailed recommendations for future growth and change.
As Marketing Manager, I wrote the CCAT marketing plan and personally managed all launch marketing including:
- CCAT logo
- Introductory and bulk pricing
- Front page article in the TCC newsletter
- Marketing brochure
- Direct mail postcard
- Marketing partnerships
- One-stop shop website featuring CCAT sample report, FAQ, newsroom and e-commerce capabilities
- Sample report branding
- Print and online advertising, including Google AdWords
- Media outreach to trade and national publications
- Sales training and sales call critiques for staff members
- Development of marketing handbook
- Conference attendance and booth staffing